Tuesday, April 26, 2011

THOUGHTS FROM A PANSY

Something I'll never understand about society or myself is our ability to diagnose and label people, to reduce feats of biology who are infinitely unique and complex to a handful of words. To think we used to view homosexuality as a psychological illness castrating and subjecting them to artificial drowning, scrambling their brains until they were rendered vegetables, slavery, genocide and countless other atrocities as if there is any right or wrong to this thing we call life. I cringe to think about my hand in it all and work hard to see any human action as just that human and I think there in lies the terrifying part our fear of the unknown that if one is capable of engaging in such behavior we all are. Today I try hard to just be an observer to it and myself within it. When we look out at nature we don't say something is right or wrong it is what it is, it's all necessary and why we think we're any different I'll never quite get. It seems more and more clear to me what is wrong one day is socially acceptable the next so far be it for me to judge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Become A Fan

Tweet