Tuesday, June 14, 2011

A HARD CASE

When I look back at all the mistakes and struggles I've endured I can't help feeling a deep compassion for the narrative thus far. I think it's very easy for us when wronged or abused by life to feel alone, or act as if we need to own any of it. In reality these can very easily be our shinning moments, I'd be lying if I said I regretted any of it. Despite the rocky road I've traversed to get to this point I don't think I would be half the man I am if it had happened any other way then the way it did. See, in all of my greatest moments of rage, despair, hurt, and joy these were the moments I felt most alive and though I've had to pay a heavy price for the things I've done they were also the greatest lessons I think one can learn about themselves - who they are, the underlining and defining character that exists within oneself, as well as some truths (ugly and beautiful) about the world. What our struggles, pains, and hurts afford for (in my opinion) are a mastery of empathy. Something I consider myself well learned and a bit of an expert in not only because I believe it's one of the greatest weapons one can add to their repertoire whether in war or our personal relationships, but also for its powerful potential for growth. Now, when I'm faced with a seemingly impossible challenge I think what a beautiful opportunity to add yet another weapon to an already overloaded arsenal. Remember none of us are alone as unique as we are it's our struggles that unify us and bring us  closer together, and why I continue to be grateful. What I mean is this: What seem like our greatest weaknesses are really our greatest resources of strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Become A Fan

Tweet